Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dorian Gray



Millions to get energy refunds
Sunday Express, 22 January 2012

There is a law which states the total pot
of energy is fixed and will not flex,
that my long-nurtured lethargy will be

not overcome by action nor by rest,
that my silted reservoir of joire de vivre
can only be refilled at the expense
  of someone else's grief.

I wish no stranger suffer for my needs,
and less again my wants, and anyway
my tiredness overwhelms. He who'd live

forever needs the hubris of Dorian Gray,
at once unable to pass a mirror without
a glance, yet terrified of what he'll see,
  his karma staring out.


(c) 2012 Slush Poet

2 comments:

  1. I like it! If it rhymed a bit more it would be even better, but that's my classicist self talking. Good job.

    ReplyDelete